- 1 -Things are going smoothly enough at casa Rhodes. Just smoothly enough. We're making very slow progress on the remodel, but we're managing most of life's ordinaries: and by that I mean diapers (disposable) and meals. It's pretty much about the in-one-way, out-the-other, and repeat around here.
- 2 -Roman is a pretty delightful little baby. He was sleeping five hour stretches at night for his whole first week and has only gotten marginally worse. My difficult baby (Jake) wasn't very difficult till he was two weeks old, so I'm holding out till Tuesdsay before I declare Roman the best Rhodes infant ever.
- 3 -He also inherited his mom's nostril flare...#meltmyheart
- 4 -Do you of the Catholic mom variety follow Sanctanomina? She did a birth announcement for Roman and pretty much nailed our thought process about choosing Roman's name. Definitely clickworthy!
- 5 -I've got two loaves of zucchini bread in the oven, and I'm heating milk up to make yogurt. (Remember pretty much the only tutorial I've ever put on the blog about making yogurt without dirtying a single solitary dish except a spoon?!? I didn't think so.)
It feels like I'm seriously overreaching. This is as adventurous as I've been in the kitchen in probably a month, and even though everything seems to be going fine and two kids are sleeping and the other is semi-quietly playing with legos, I'm positive it's going to devolve with no warning. So many times in the past eleven postpartum days, my life has gone from peaceful, idyllic, newborn-sleepy-smile loveliness to a baby wailing, toddler tantruming, bodily fluids flying, and mom crying, in a matter of seconds. So yes. Bread in the oven and milk steaming on the stove feels like a recipe for total chaos.
We shall see.
- 6 -I scored my first curated, thrifted good from Blythe and Noelle's instagram shop "The Haul." I'm not a jewelry person or any kind of accessory person really, but I've decided to become one in my thirties. So I'm starting with bangles.
- 7 -What with all the upheaval in our lives recently, I wanted Jake to have some new special thing, so we started him in soccer. He's a natural.
Happy Weekend! And visit Kelly for more quick takes!