- 1 -We've been all over and back since I last posted on the blog. We had family in town. I finished school. Little man and I were in Kansas City and Wichita and visiting the folks in the TX Hill Country where Jacob joined us. We've made some big decisions. But here are some iPhone snapshots and some good memories from the past weeks and a couple pieces of news.
- 2 -First things first: I'm done teaching, and for the foreseeable future I'm joining the ranks of SAHMs. This is beyond exciting to me. I've only ever worked part-time but it was enough to stress me out and I'm very ready to test the waters of home-dom. My students were all very sweet at the end. One even bought a present for the baby - and professors don't often get presents so I was giddy over it.
- 3 -Jake and I got to spend a weekend with my sweet goddaughter
when we went to my friend Mary's wedding which was pretty much perfect in all ways. The sweetest service and homily (which I got to sit through AND enjoy because I was all-adult and got a babysitter for my not so Mass-friendly little man) and reception. Chatting with old dear friends that I mostly only see at events like this. I also met the bride's sister-in-law, the illustrious Mrs. Patton herself, and even managed to track her down for a chat which was awesome...but since I've been mildly obsessed with her blog for pushing three years now, I did feel kind of like a nine year old meeting a high school cheerleader.
- 4 -After Wichita we moseyed on down Texas-way and spent a week with my family. One of my brothers and my sister were home the whole time and my older brother decided he'd come down for the weekend after he saw a picture of Jake on my mother's instagram and realized we were in town (we're GREAT communicators). So four of the five were home for Mother's Day which is probably the best showing since...2007?
- 5 -Here's some less than impressive photographic evidence of the visit.
|Swinging with the great G|
|Reading with "Aunt-uh Leelee"|
|Blurry picture of us watching things like this:|
|fall from the sky.|
|Jake's precious (?) camera-smile after being reunited with his dad after a week.|
- 6 -On the bigger news front is the fact that The R Log is moving its homebase. Baby #2 was a bit of a game changer since it ousted me from the college adjunct workforce in the fall. One salary doesn't quite cut it for us in the big LA. So we had to make some decisions. And a work opportunity came up for Jacob in Houston, and so come July we're saying goodbye to the land of movie stars and relocating to the fattest city in America.
We ultimately want to settle closer to my family in the Austin area, so Houston will probably just be a couple year stepping stone, but I'm more than excited. If only for this reason and that reason - two VERY dear friends in the area. And the blogger in me is excited for this reason even though she probably has no idea who I am, but I've been stalkerishly obsessed with her older daughter's hair for a couple years now.
- 7 -The other bit of news is that we scored an ultrasound in my parents' clinic and found out that we're balancing the scales this fall because Jake is having a LITTLE SISTER! Pink and ribbons be mine.
And that, my friends, is all my news. Happy Friday. Head on over to my soon to be neighbor for more takes.