So, here you go.
5 Things You May but Probably Don't Know about this Bloggess
1. I have a freckle on one of my big toes. It's just under the lower right corner of my toenail and when my toenails are done it kind of reminds me of a Marilyn Monroe type beauty mark. But on my toe.
2. I think Dr. Pepper is the best drink in the world. But because I'm such a health nut, I only drink one about every three years. (If you don't count all the sips I have of my sister's whenever we're together.)
3. Jacob routinely defines me as an extremely picky eater because I don't like olives and cherries.
4. I played a furious amount of piano in high school. Like hours and hours a day. My technique was never very good, I was sloppy and my method resembled barrel racing more than, say, mathematics. But I had a lot of heart, and overall I was quite good. I loved playing, but I never had any aspirations regarding the piano. Primarily because I was MORTIFIED by playing in front of anyone outside of my family. In my 12 years of recitals, I only walked out of two without at least feeling the urge to cry. I walked out of several straight up bawling.
My piano career ended rather unfortunately my freshman year of college after a bad experience with piano lessons at school when my teacher made me feel completely stupid. (I was and still am overly sensitive, so it was only half his fault at best.) In our last lesson - after the recital - I remember him noting that he'd actually expected that I'd have trouble with the two difficult pieces, but he was surprised that I'd messed up the little Prelude. Not Mr. Social Grace.
Three years later on the day I graduated, that teacher came and found me. He apologized and told me he hoped I would keep playing. Remembering that moment still makes me cry.
5. I cry pretty easily.
For 5 Things I tag:
Some questions from the other tags:
1. What's your favorite TV show ever?
FNL. All the way. It strikes all the right chords. Clear eyes, full hearts. Texas Forever.
2. If you had to eat one thing or meal all day for a week, what would it be?
Pizza. I frequented some pretty amazing pizza by the slice places daily while living in Rome. If I ever went back they'd be the first place I'd visit. Sorry antiquity. Sorry basilicas.
3. What was the last book you read & was it any good?
I read Persuasion over the weekend. It's probably my third time reading it. And, as usual, it was wonderful.
4. What do you love most about the town you live in?
The beach. Some surprise there, huh? I'm a small town country girl who develops anxiety when she can't see the horizon. So I very much appreciate living in a city where I'm only a few minutes away from the end of America.
5. Do you have any special talents?
I can snap six fingers; I drop things a lot, but I'm wickedly good at catching them; when in the crab-walk position, I'm very good at holding people up while they stand on my stomach. (I actually think a lot of people could do it, they're just too intimidated to try because it looks very hard...and equally stupid.) However awkward, it's a bit of a party trick, and my record is 230lb. This is pretty much how I scored my first boyfriend. He only weighed about 185, but he was impressed.
6. What are your favorite smells?
I love the smell of orange rinds, freshly sawed wood, men who've just mowed the lawn, and old musty books. I pretty much abhor all artificial scents. I give a huge radius to Bath and Body Works and Abercrombie. Gee willikers.
7. What song do you want played at your funeral?
I really like morbid questions like this. Probably "Of the Father's Love Begotten" - I know it's a Christmas song, but a young men's choir sang it at my wedding while I walked down the aisle, and it was pretty much my favorite part of the service. There's something about the final "evermore and evermore" that just gets me.
8. What is your least favorite thing about yourself?
I've already mentioned in this post about my sensitivity. But I'm also pretty insecure. I don't trust my opinions, or my taste, and I'm constantly second-guessing myself. I think my insecurity causes me to miss out on relationships because my first assumption is that people don't care about being friends with me, and I miss opportunities to bless people because I don't think it would really matter to them if I did something nice. Other least favorites are my skin, most days my hair, and my leg/torso ratio.
9. Why do you blog?
For the same reason a lot of other mom bloggers do. I started to keep a record of family stuff and make sure the grandparents were always updated, but I keep it up because of the community that it has afforded me. I refer to other bloggers as my "friends," and Jacob always makes fun of me for it. He, of course, is just jealous.