Finally linking up with Jen's Quick Take Extravaganza.
1. I roasted a whole chicken last night. (For the first time since I've been married.) I did this primarily because I wanted to make chicken stock. Now my chicken bones are simmering on the stove, and I have to figure out what to do with all this chicken. I feel like there must be a life lesson here...
2. I'm also making granola. My oats have been SOAKING (better for you? maybe?) since last night, and they're just about ready to whip into some cerealesque goodness. I've never really liked the granola I've made in the past so we'll see if this turns out any better (tips welcome.)
3. I'm on a kitchen kick. I'm big into indulging myself when there's something I REALLY want to be doing and it's also productive. This time last year I was reading cloth diapering blogs incessantly. Last Christmas it was all about crafts crafts crafts.
4. I'm really wishing I would get on a gardening kick. But that's not happening. Right now our garden is overrun with volunteer romaine and green onions. They look like legions trampling our kale and spinach and rhubarb. The potatoes are keeping a pretty united front, but the rest is carnage.
|Picture from before the green onion occupation|
5. I had planned on going to pick up some tomato plants today, except we've never had much luck with tomatoes. When I mentioned to Jacob that I might go to his favorite hardware store - Anawalt Lumber - without him he looked like he could cry. He got over it quickly and gave me a list of things he wanted me to get him.
6. So I thought better of going to Anawalt and decided to stay home and babysit my chicken stock. And anyways I'm not on a gardening kick.
7. And for numero 7. A picture of Baby Jake with his best friend.
The spin cycle.